Sunday, March 29, 2009

So we met the landlord in person for the first time yesterday and he basically implied that we could do what we wanted to the place as long as when we moved out it was not destroyed. He lives in NH so he probably won't be doing much visiting. This means I'm contemplating painting my craft/library room. I'm so excited. I still am thinking of the orange and turquoise color palette but I'm also intrigued by the new trend of citron and lemon yellow. I guess I'm just tired of living in the white and beige world of most apartment decor.

He also said I could totally build a little raised bed garden. The next door neighbors have an old futon frame that I can use for a trellis and I'm thinking of growing some peas. I'm also thinking some lettuce and cherry tomatoes and maybe some broccoli and some garlic (though I think this might need to be planted in fall for next year). I might even grow a bit of ginger for the flowers.

We're almost done with the moving and soon I'll be able to start setting things up in earnest. Tonight I need to do more packing and I need to use my circular saw for the first time! I'm cutting the drawer section off of an old desk so I can keep the drawer unit without it taking up all the space of a full desk. I'm looking forward to really getting off the ground with crafting and this blog by May. I'll start posting pics as soon as I've done something noteworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment