Friday, March 20, 2009

So I've been outbid on my last ebay auction of buttons and I'm trying desperately to not go back and up my bid. I'm going to be strong and succeed. I got two more lots of buttons in the mail yesterday and there are three more that will be coming in the next week or so. (These are all in addition to the *huge* tin full that was my first purchase.) Clearly my first order of business after the move is to start making crafts and jewelery from all these buttons. In last night's batch there were a pair of metal shank earrings with a gear-like design which I think will definitely become earrings. There were also some really interesting brass and steel and other metal ones that I think will become a chunky necklace.
I'm really looking forward to being done moving. I'm still doing okay and haven't had any real breakdowns but I've also taken a few days off. Tonight I must clear the last of the things off my bedroom bookcases and tomorrow I must do *several* loads of laundry and make another attempt to cull my giant collection of clothing. Four boxes of clothing I'm not currently wearing is ridiculous. I heard last night about a woman who donated to a Lutheran organization that gives clothing and household items to immigrants, especially Iraqis who arrive here with nothing. I think I might do some research on that and maybe make some choices based on giving the clothes to people who could use them and value them much more than I ever would versus just donating them to the Salvation Army which is an option I'm not terribly fond of given their particular set of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment